We’re almost through WEEK 1! Woo hoo! We know the first week or two are going to be an adjustment as we all figure out how to a) get all of our macros in each day and b) find a way to do it in a manageable and enjoyable way. Remember, the goal is to find consistency over time; it’s not going to be perfect right away and that is A-OK!
This week, we’re sharing a few of our favorite vitamins and supplements. These are just a few examples of the products we like to use. There are a ton of great options out there and everyone has their own preferences on what works for them, but we thought we’d share some of what you would find if you looked in our gym bags or kitchens right now.
Feel free to comment here on the blog or on the Instagram post with the supplements you like to use. There are plenty of us who are open to suggestions or looking for some new options!
- Pure Pharma 3 Packs: fish oil, vitamin D3 and magnesium
- These daily packs are super convenient and easy to throw in your bag. Pure Pharma sells all of their vitamins and supplements individually as well, but if you travel a lot or are always on the go, these are great!
- Pure Pharma Synbiotics SB3: prebiotics, probiotics and vitamin C
- Think Emergen-C plus your pre/probiotics. You’re helping your immune system and your gut health all in one! You can throw these sticks into any liquid you have with you.
Pure Pharma products are available on their website or on Amazon.
PRE & POST WORKOUT
We’re both pretty picky when it comes to supplements pre and post workout, so we’re all about super clean options. We love SFH products, so if you’re looking for a clean option, check out their website! They also sell through Amazon.
- Stronger, Faster, Healthier (SFH) Push
- Whether you’re in the early AM crew or are getting your workout in after work in the evenings, we all need a little pick-me-up pre workout sometimes, and this stuff does the trick! The fruit punch flavor is delicious and one scoop will get you focused and energized without feeling too jittery or over-stimulated.
- SFH Recovery
- This is the reason we workout. Just kidding, but this stuff tastes like such a treat after workouts! We’ve all heard that protein is important after a workout, so if you’re not going right home to eat a meal, some sort of protein shake is definitely worth considering.
- Axe Bone Broth Protein Powder
- Bone broth is a low-carb, low-sugar superfood to support gut health, a healthy metabolism, healthy muscles, healthy joints and healthy, glowing skin. You can cook with it or drink it as is, and it’s best if you make your own at home, but we know that’s not for everyone. Now you can buy bone broth in a powder form and use it like you would use any other protein powder! Throw it in a smoothie or your oatmeal, or just mix it with water and drink it straight up! Maria’s been working at a functional medicine clinic that uses this product with patients regularly, so reach out with any questions!
- Vital Proteins Pasture-Raised, Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides
- Having trouble hitting your protein numbers and looking for another source that not only gives you protein but has also proven to improve the health of your skin, hair, bones and joints? This unflavored powder mixes in both hot and cold beverages, so you can throw it in anything! Maria throws it in her morning coffee to get some protein in if she’s not eating a full meal right away.
Again, these are just a few examples of some of the products we like to incorporate into our diets. What kinds of products are you guys using? Are there some you want to learn more about? Comment below, on Instagram or shoot us an email!
-Evan & Maria